A postgraduate course on the development of resilient seed systems (RSS) with participatory breeding programs (PPB) will be held this summer in the Netherlands.
What you will learn
- Concepts, strategies, methods and experiences with decentralised and participatory approaches to plant breeding and seed system development to increase agrobiodiversity and cope with climate changes
- Governance issues such as seed quality control, property rights, co-ownership and benefit sharing
- Specific approaches for different crop types and socioeconomic contexts
- Multi-actor approaches, collaborative learning, knowledge sharing and networking approaches to engage food system and value chain actors into participatory plant breeding and resilient seed system programs
- The interaction of technical solutions and social choices: considering trade-offs and issues of inclusion/social equity and other values.
When and where
Sunday 16 – Friday 21 August 2020, Conference Centre De Werelt, Lunteren, the Netherlands
Registration and information
For programme and registration details visit the course’s official website https://www.pe-rc.nl/PPB-RSS or contact Dr Claudius van de Vijver (PE&RC): email email@example.com, phone: +31-317485116