A long-awaited solution for seed suppliers, European organic farmers, and national authorities has finally arrived. The new router database will increase the availability of seed of organic varieties and help increase the transparency of the European organic seed market.
In the framework of the Horizon 2020 funded LIVESEED project, FiBL-Germany developed the EU-wide router database, open to all interested parties and offering information on:
- Registered seed suppliers
- Links to national organic seed databases
- Organic production regulations
- Information to public-funded projects in the organic seed and breeding sector
“The router database will allow entering seed offers in national databases from one single account. Farmers across Europe will have access to a wider assortment of organic seed varieties in their national databases. User guides for seed suppliers and national authorities are available in English and will be translated in several European languages.” says Xenia Gatzert, who was involved in the development.
Online training will also take place :
- For national competent authorities on 26 April, from 14:00 to 16:00 CET
- For seed companies/suppliers on 28 April, from 10:00 to 12:00 CET
If you would like to participate, please send a mail for registration for the respective training to Xenia.Gatzert@fibl.org. Authorities will receive login-data before the training via mail, seed supplier can create an account themselves by visiting www.seeds4organic.eu.
Read the full press release.