European Workshop on Organic Seed Production and Use (T1.4.3) – 25th November 2020
- Key success factors in implementing national policy recommendations (Time to take stock – our speakers present progress that has been made since the start of the LIVESEED project and success factors that have been identified to increase the production and use of organic seeds. This includes the outcomes of the national progress evaluations in 10 countries.)
- Smart Practices (Time to get inspired – our speakers from all over the EU present successful practices that are leading to positive outcomes. This includes stakeholder involvement in the national seed database and national seed expert groups, experiences with organic field trials & variety testing and an unconventional approach to seed database management.)
- The European Router Database (In this session, the long-awaited European Router Database will be launched. This includes a tutorial for participants that explains step-by-step how the database works. Besides, there is the possibility to ask questions)
- LIVESEED film – Organic vegetable seed production (Watch what seed companies have to say about their strategies for organic vegetable seed production)
- Panel Debate – Steps to increase production & use of organic seed (In the panel debate, our guests react to the key recommendations of the LIVESEED project and discuss the next steps that need to be taken to increase the production & use of organic seed. Our knowledgeable panel includes the EU Commission, national authorities, seed companies, scientists and LIVESEED national partners. The debate is guided by audience questions. – See recordings)
The recordings are available under this link.