Within the scope of the project scientific articles will be written on organic seed use, innovative breeding strategies, seed quality and health issues.
- Abstract Booklet: Symposium on Breeding for Diversification February 2018
- Strategic use of virulence pattern to develop genetic markers for resistance to common bunt (Tilletia caries) in wheat (Borgen, A.; Backes, G.; Müller, K-J.; Spieß, H.; 2018)
- Abstract Booklet: 4th World Congress of Latvian Scientists, Section of Agriculture and Forest Sciences 2018
- Kurrig M.; Schaefer F.; Aigner M.; Messmer M.(2018) Organic seed databases for increasing the transparency and use of organic seed in Europe
- Gatzert, X. (2018) Seed databases boosting organic production
- Lammerts van Bueren ET, Struik PC, Van Eekeren N, Nuijten E (2018) Towards resilience through systems-based plant breeding. A review. Agronomy for Sustainable Development 38:42. https://doi.org/10.1007/s13593-018-0522-6
List of cell-fusion free brassica varieties
- Positivliste Zellfusionsfreie Sorten Gemüsebau (FiBL; Bioland; Naturland; Bio Austria; Bio Suisse; Demeter; BNN; 2018)
The CMS technology compromises the integrety of the cell by the forced fusion of cells from different species, this is not in line with the organic principles. Therefor several private organic labels initiated this positive list of vegetable varieties which are cell-fusion free. This list is based on personal trustful contacts to individual breeders, analyitic qPCR test or tests for male sterility to find out which cultivars are really cell fusion free. This list is very helpful for label organisations and traders to specifically allow certain cultivars for contract cultivation and for farmers who produce under certain labels and this list also helps to identify most important breeding gaps.
Translations and extension of the lists are planned.