The 2020 edition of BIOFACH is around the corner and we will be there to present our work at the BIOFACH Congress. If you’re planning to attend the yearly get-together of the organic sector, then you could consider joining our event “Organic seed and organic heterogeneous material in the new EU Organic Regulation“, taking place on 13 February, from 14:00 to 14:45, in Room Prag, NCC Ost.
During the session, co-organised by IFOAM EU and the Organic Research Centre, our speakers will provide insights on issues relating to organic seed in Europe, based on facts and perspectives of farmers and seed companies collected through surveys within the LIVESEED project. Furthermore, the session will provide an update on recent developments on the implementation of the new EU Organic Regulation regarding organic heterogenous material and organic varieties.
- IFOAM EU’s Policy Manager Eric Gall will chair and elaborate on why the LIVESEED’s project perspectives are essential for the implementation of the new Organic Regulation;
- Dr. Stefano Orsini, Senior Researcher at LIVESEED partner Organic Research Centre, will talk about stakeholders’ perspectives on the use and production of organic seed in Europe;
- Mrs. Freya Schäfer, Research Coordinator at FiBL, will talk about the status-quo of organic seed supply and how to better connect supply and demand in Europe;
- Gebhard Rossmanith, CEO at Bingenheimer Saatgut AG, will explain how to achieve easier market access for organic varieties and will present a concrete proposal about DUS protocols for testing them;
- IFOAM EU’s Policy Coordinator Martin Sommer will talk about the value for the organic sector of introducing organic heterogeneous material into the new Organic Regulation.
We look forward to seeing you in Nuremberg!