21st general congress Eucarpia
BREEDING: THE KEY TO INNOVATIVE SOLUTIONS
23-26 August 2021 online from Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Program – 21st General Congress Eucarpia (eucarpia2020.org)
LIVESEED contribution – Session 4: Section Organic and Low Input Agriculture, “Organic regulations open the door for breeding for diversity
- 16:30 – 16:35 Pedro Mendes Moreira, Welcome to the Section meeting
- 16:35 – 16:45 Monika Messmer, Boosting organic seed and plant breeding efforts across Europe – Main achievements of LIVESEED.
- 16:45 – 17:00 Matteo Petitti, From Cereal Populations to Organic Heterogeneous Material: success stories and lessons learned in Italy.
- 17:00 – 17:15 Pedro Mendes-Moreira, Breeding for Crop Mixtures and Agroforestry in Organic and Low-Input.
- 17.15 – 17:30 Jérôme Enjalbert, Assessing mixing ability from incomplete designs in binary or higher-order variety mixtures and application to wheat
- 17:30 – 17:35 Linda Legzdiņa, Highlights on recent heterogeneous population research results
- 17:35 – 18.00 Monika Messmer, Legal framework and temporary experiment on Organic Varieties.
International Conference on BREEDING AND SEED SECTOR INNOVATIONS FOR ORGANIC FOOD SYSTEMS By EUCARPIA Section Organic and Low Input Agriculture jointly with LIVESEED, BRESOV, ECOBREED, FLPP projects and ECO-PB, 8 – 10 March 2021, Institute of Agricultural Resources and Economics, Latvia.
- Book of Abstract, compiled by Marta Devīte, Lāsma Rābante, Līga Dzedule, Māra Bleidere, Ilze Skrabule ISBN (978-9934-513-50-3)
LIVESEED, ECO-PB & CPVO Workshop on Heterogeneous Material and Organic Varieties (Angers, 6 December 2018)
- Introduction: LIVESEED – ECO-PB – CPVO Workshop on heterogeneous populations organic bred varieties, by Monika Messmer (FiBL-CH)
- Challenges of commercialisation of heterogeneous materials, by Riccardo Bocci (RSR, IT)
- Participation of Italy in the Commission Implementing Decision (2014/150/EU) temporary experiment for the marketing of populations of the plant species wheat, barley (oat and maize) by Pier Giacomo Bianci & Maria Losi (CREA, IT)
- A toolbox for the description and identification of heterogenous material, by Charlotte Bickler (ORC, UK)
- Organic variety trials and official registration trials in Europe, by Tina Kovács (ÖMKi, HU) and Tove Mariegaard Pedersen (SEGES, DK)
- ECO-PB proposals for adjusted DUS testing / protocols for organic varieties and road map for temporary experiments, by Gebhard Rossmanith (BSG, GE)
BIOFACH LIVESEED Workshops (Nuremberg, 12-15 February 2019)
Presentations 12 February, 2019: LIVESEED Organic Plant Breeding in a System-Based Approach and the Value Chain:
- “Systems-based breeding approach”, presentation by Edwin Nuijten, LBI (12 February 2019, Biofach)
- “Need for integrated approach for organic plant breeding to secure integrity of organic food”, presentation by Monika Messmer, Freya Schäfer, Eva Winter, FiBL (12 February 2019, Biofach)
- “Commitment of organic value chain for marketing phytophthora resistant potato varieties by 2020”, presentation by Edith Lammerts van Bueren, Wageningen University (12 February 2019, Biofach)
- “Involving the food chain in organic breeding – examples of best practice”, presentation by Gebhard Rossmanith, Bingenheimer Saatgut AG (12 February 2019, Biofach)
Presentations 15 February, 2019: LIVESEED Organic Apple Breeding in Europe:
- Common strategy and networking to face coming up organic sector challenges and market opportunities – Workshop description
- Organic apple breeding in Europe – Workshop programme
- “Crowd breeding” of Danish apples, presentation by Maren Korsgaard (Copenhagen University, Faculty of Science,
Institute of Plant- and Environmental science, Section for Crop Sciences)
- “Launching New Apple Varieties under the Label of Bioverita”, presentation by Niklaus Bolliger (Poma Culta Apple Breeding)
- “EGON Development of organically bred fruit varieties in commons-based initiatives”, project presentation
- “Breeding apples with broad genetic basis”, presentation by M. Kellerhals, S. Schütz, I.O. Baumgartner, R. Andreoli, J. Gassmann (Agroscope)
- “Organic apple breeding in Europe – Common strategy and networking to face organic sector challenges and market opportunities”, presentation by Kostas Koutis, LIVESEED task leader, AEGILOPS
- “Organic apple in Greece” presentation by Sevi Liouza (BioFru, AEGILOPS)
2nd Annual Project meeting of LIVESEED (Zelechow, Poland, 14-16 May 2019)
VCU Meeting (Lelystad, the Netherlands, 26 June 2019)